Thursday, October 28, 2010

Silly Me.


I just reread my last post. What melodrama. I really need to cut back on the Tolstoy and Flaubert if I ever want to get my head out of the clouds. Drinking wine while blogging doesn't seem to do much for self censorship (the self preserving kind).

So whats new in the art world? Don't ask me. I've only been painting crap. Still working on the last figurative commission that I hope to do for quite a while.
It's getting easier to sit and create without getting agitated, although lately I do find myself inclined towards the morbidly beautiful rather than the simply beautiful.

As for romance, it's not worth talking about. One of my readers commented that "nobody really cares" about the personal life of an artist. You're right, even though I think your comment was *not nice*.

My new job is in a nutshell running around in a black skirt and fishnets and talking about alcohol. Not the most intellectually demanding job, but it can always be worse (see: The Gypsy Den)

I'll have some more pictures of the paintings I've been working on soon.

3 comments:

  1. Anna, I care about you and whats going on in your life if that counts for anything. That comment wasn't very nice and I am glad to hear how you are doing and how you are feeling, this blog obviously serves as an excellent outlet for your personal thoughts and I appreciate them. I'm sorry to hear you have wept, I know it's hard I have been there myself and it doesn't help when someone you thought to be a good friend turns into an asshole :/ But time will heal I promise, and this whole experience will ultimately make you an even stronger and wiser person than you already are :) And there are people out there that truly care about you (maybe too much?) but may have an odd or nutty way of showing it due to their own insecurities which at times makes them an asshole :/ I am glad to hear you are working and making some more money for yourself but if you feel yourself losing passion for what you are destined in my view to do (paint earth changing masterpieces) than quit that fuckin job! :D Deal? Anyway have a good day Anna I miss you, hang in there Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I care, too! And I didn't think it was "melodrama," it was your life. (Hmm, reminds me of all the times when my mother lectured me, "Nobody wants to hear about your problems!" to shut me up. I still have that voice constantly in my head. Of course, she doesn't want to hear about my successes, either - she just wants to hear herself - and the rest of my family is the same way. Actually, most people seem to be that way. It makes me feel incredibly isolated and heartsore some days.)

    Funny; I thought people liked to hear about the personal lives of artists, since our work is often infused with our strong emotions, and influenced by the painful or joyful events in our lives. If artists can't be emotional and melodramatic, who can?!!

    Glad to hear you're getting less agitated (sure wish I was). Please keep up the intelligent, sensitive, and fascinating posts; they're very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I think that the life of an artist is extremely important if one wants to understand the art created at the time, and if we didn't want to know about your personal life, we wouldn't be following an online journal.
    I'm sorry that some people don't have anything better to do than post negative comments.
    I too appreciate the time and thought you put into your posts, and will keep reading as long as you keep posting!

    ReplyDelete